Spring Cleaning Tips
Spring has officially sprung and that means it is time for spring cleaning! If you think the only way to clean your home is with harsh chemicals, think again! You can clean almost every surface in your home with distilled white vinegar. Get every room in your home looking clean and smelling fresh by following these spring cleaning tips.
Over the course of the winter, your carpet may have developed an odor and it may have sand, salt, and dirt trapped inside of it. Help eliminate the odor and remove anything trapped inside of the carpet by mixing essential oils and distilled white vinegar. Before applying this mixture, test it out on a small area of your carpet because some fabrics are sensitive and it may cause damage.
Over time, windows get dirty or develop smudges. You can make your windows look crystal clear by mixing one part hot water and one part distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle. Simply spray the solution on the window and wipe away to clean.
Follow these three steps to make your windows truly shine.
- Clean from the top down.
- Do NOT clean your windows in direct sunlight. This will cause streaking.
- Avoid damage to your window frames by drying immediately.
Dust mites and odors are inevitable when it comes to mattresses. You can help eliminate them by doing the following steps.
- Remove all sheets and blankets from the bed.
- Spray mattress with distilled white vinegar.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the white vinegar and let it bubble.
- Place a towel over mattress for 1-2 hours or until dry.
- Vacuum up any residue from the baking soda.
You probably want to avoid using harsh chemicals where you store your food. Follow these steps to get your refrigerator looking like new!
- Remove all contents from the refrigerator.
- Wash shelves and the sides of the refrigerator with one part hot water and one part distilled white vinegar.
- Dry all areas of the refrigerator
- Wipe down jars before putting them back in the refrigerator.
Over the course of time, your tub can build up with grime and soap residue. You can eliminate the buildup with ease by doing the following.
- Fill a spray bottle with one part hot water and one part distilled white vinegar
- Spray mixture in the tub and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wipe clean with a sponge or a towel
- Rise tub with water and wipe again